HORTILUX Double Ended HPS
EYE HORTILUX Double Ended (DE) High Pressure Sodium grow lamps offer a reliable light source capable of producing consistent high yields through many growth cycles. The exclusive EYE HORTILUX DE spectrum provides 1950 μmol of photosynthetic photon flux (PPF) when operated at 1000W and 2100 μmol when operated at 1150W. PPF μmol are measured between 400 and 700 nanometers. PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR NEW EYE HORTILUX DE HPS.
- Produces noticeably bigger, fuller flowers and overall heavier yields
- Maintains results after multiple growth cycles, saving you time and money
- Produces more spectral balance for increased plant response and accelerated growth
- Available wattages: 1000w
- Exclusive EYE HORTILUX Spectrum promotes bigger, fuller flower growth with higher quality yields.
- Provides 1950 µmol when operated at 1000w.
- Provides 2100 µmol when operated at 1150w.
- Compatible with e-Ballasts which operate at or above 100 kHz.
- Unique coiled support frame allows for expansion and contraction of the arc tube during operation
- Patent pending lead wire design provides safer connection within DE sockets
- Packaging includes a glove for safe handling of the quartz glass lamp
- One-year warranty from the date of purchase.
HIGH QUALITY YOU EXPECT FROM HORTILUX
- The ONLY DE lamp designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Each DE lamp is operated and tested for consistent operating voltage before they ship.
- HORTILUX DE lamps were life tested over thousands of hours to ensure quality and reliability.
- One-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Do NOT handle lamp with bare hands. Use protective glove included in packaging.
- Follow installation instructions printed inside the packaging or listed below.
- For best performance, power EYE HORTILUX HPS DE with EYE HORTILUX electronic ballasts.
- Do NOT power EYE HORTILUX DE HPS with electronic ballasts operating below 100 kHz. Premature lamp failure can result.
- Lamp operates in a horizontal burning position.
- Must start 1000W DE lamp at 1000 watt setting.
- Do NOT air cool the lamp. Reduced light output will occur.
- Overdriving the lamp can cause a rapid drop in intensity over time and/or premature lamp failure
- IMPORTANT: PUT ON GLOVE. DO NOT TOUCH EYE HORTILUX DE LAMP WITH BARE HANDS. The Outer Jacket is made of Quartz Glass and cannot be touched like regular single ended lamps. This weakens the quartz and can cause lamp failure over time.
- 2a. Install the lamp by positioning the "Pinch Area" horizontally (NOT vertically) while inserting the "Lead Wires" between the slots in each socket. DO NOT BEND THE WIRES!
2b. After the "Lead Wires" have been placed in the sockets, the lamp should be sitting with one end on TOP of the silver socket springs and the other end in FRONT of the springs (see example above).
- Gently push down the "Pinch Area" that was placed on top of the silver socket springs until it is securely in place.
CAUTION: Do not push too hard as you may break or chip the glass which can cause lamp failure!!!
- Very forcefully slide each socket inward, all the way, until it clicks into place - making sure it is fully closed with no gap visible (see example above).
CAUTION: Failure to completely close and lock sockets in place can cause arcing in the socket and fire damage.
- Completely lead-free
- Meets Federal EPA standards as non-hazardous
- Meets Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) test criteria as non-hazardous waste
Lamp watts: 1000
Replacement for Optimum Growth: 10-11 months
Replacement for Average Growth: 11-12 months
Replacement for Maintenance Growth: 13-14 months
Photosynthetic Photon Flux (PPF):
1950 µmol @ 1000W
2100 µmol @ 1150W
Initial Lumens: 155,000
Color Temperature: 1950
Warm-up time: 5
Hot Re-strike Time: 15
Fixture Requirement: Open
Operating Position: Horizontal
ANSI Code: N/A
eBallast Compatible (Y/N): Yes
Ballast Operating Frequency: > 100 kHz